This is the Ube season. Ube is a fruit native to Africa. Ube is African pear. It is mostly eaten with corn. You can roast it, eat it raw or put it in hot water for a second to soften it. This ice cream is a delicious treat, very creamy. Ube and Corn is a street snack in Nigeria.
- 100 g Ube fruit
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 TBsp vanilla
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 cup full cream milk.
- Wash the Ube place in a bowl and pour hot water over it. Allow a second or 2 and drain the water.
- Remove the seed from the Ube and place the pulp in a blender.
- Combine the pulp, sugar and egg yolks in a blender. Process until pale in colour. With the blender running pour in milk.
- Pour the pulp mixer in the top of a double boiler and beat over low heat until thick for 15 minutes.
- Remove the mixture from heat and add 2 TBsp vanilla. Add the heavy cream substitute and stir.
- Pour mixture into a container and freeze for 4 hours.
- It is ready to serve.
- You can’t get heavy cream? l used this recipe substitute 3/4 cup milk plus 1/3 cup butter or margarine for 1 cup of heavy cream( it wnt whip but it will be creamy)
- I used peak evaporated milk.