Deviled eggs are hard boiled eggs that are shelled and cut in half and filled with paste made from the yolks. The dish’s origin can be seen in recipes for boiled, seasoned eggs as far back as ancient Rome, where they were traditionally served as a first course. The dish is popular in Europe and in North America. Deviled eggs can be served cold as appetizers, main meals or side dish.
- 3 eggs, hard boiled and peeled
- 3 TBSP mayonnaise
- 1 Tsp yellow mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt(optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon grated cucumber for garnish
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks and place in a mixing bowl.
- Using a fork, mash the yolks. Add mayonnaise, mustard, salt, pepper and mix until smooth.
- Fill each egg white half with equal amounts of yolk mixture.
- Garnish each egg with grated cucumber. Refrigerate covered until ready to serve.
I believe in making meals from scratch and l love homemade meals. They are healthier and saves money. I have some leftover sauce in the fridge and l decided to make pasta at home
Ingredients for the pasta
- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 TBsp olive oil
- 2 TBsp water
Making the pasta dough
- In a medium bowl, combine the 2 cups of flour, 2 large eggs, and 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil, water and mix well.
- Knead with your clean hands for about 10 minutes or until the dough feels elastic. If the dough is sticky after the first 5 minutes, add a sprinkling of sifted flour.
- Cover the bowl with a dish towel and set aside to rest for at least 20 minutes.
- Roll very thin and cut( l used a cookie cutter). You can cut in strips too.
Cooking the pasta
- In a pot bring water to boil add salt and oil to the boiling water.
- Drop the prepared pasta in boiling water
- Cook for 8 to 10 minutes. Prepared pasta takes a little longer, but a general rule is that when the pasta dough is ready, they pop to the top of the boiling water.
- Remove the pasta with a slotted spoon, place in serving dishes and cover with sauce.
- Make sure you roll the dough thin or it will come out strong.
- Make the dough pillable and soft.
- The best flour to use is 00 type of flour used in Italy.
- After cutting the pasta dough I filled it with minced meat. I dropped filling on one, topped with another and sealed it.