You can use beans, corn, plantain for pudding, so why cant yam be used for pudding. Yam is native to Africa,Asia and some Caribbean countries. In the eastern part of Nigeria, yam is celebrated. The New yam festival is one of such celebrations. Yam can be roasted, fried or boiled. Yam can be pounded after it has been boiled to make swallow.
- 1/3 tuber of Yam
- 5 Tbsp crayfish
- 400 g fish
- 1 bulb onion(diced)
- 2 tsp ground pepper
- 5 Tbsp soy oil or any Veg oil
- Nchanwu leaves( a handful)
- Banana or Etere leaves for wrapping
- 4 seasoning cubes
- 1 tsp of salt
- Peel and wash the yam
- Cut and grate the yam
- Clean and wash the fish. Season with two seasoning cubes and cook for 5 minutes. Debone the fish and flake
- Wash and cut nchanwu leaves
- Make a sauce with the oil, fish, onion, crayfish, pepper and seasoning cubes.
- Pour the sauce into the grated yam stir, add salt and nchanwu.
- Bring to boil water in a pot, Wrap the yam in the etere leaves and steam in the pot for 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Do not taste for salt because the yam is raw.
- Season the fish very well .